Lunar Year of the Rat 2020 UK One Ounce Gold Proof Coin
Limited Edition 888
- The seventh offering in The Royal Mint’s successful Shēngxiào Collection
- High demand is anticipated – previous editions in the collection have sold out completely
- Celebrate the start of a new lunar cycle
- 888 available – 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture
- A great gift for anyone turning 60 this year
- Features original artwork designed especially for this official UK coin
|MAXIMUM COIN MINTAGE||898|
|ALLOY||999.9 Fine Gold|
|REVERSE DESIGNER||P.J. Lynch|
|OBVERSE DESIGNER||Jody Clark|
|PURE METAL TYPE||Gold|
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||United Kingdom|
The Shēngxiào Collection Continues with the Year of the Rat
Were you, or someone you know, born in the Year of the Rat?
1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008
Quick thinking and willing to try new things, people born in the Year of the Rat are considered cheerful and they adapt to each situation they find themselves in.
As The Shēngxiào Collection continues with the seventh coin in the series, the Chinese zodiac cycle starts anew with the Year of the Rat. Celebrating this intelligent and inquisitive creature, P. J. Lynch brings these qualities to life in his design. A single rat crouches and sniffs the air, showcasing its agility and inquisitiveness.
Since 2014, the coins of The Shēngxiào Collection have celebrated each animal of the lunar calendar in turn. A fusion of British craftsmanship and Chinese tradition, each release is highly anticipated.